The Roscommon County Community Foundation invests in the community by providing grant funding to 501(C)(3) non-profit organizations, schools and government agencies. Considering applying? Visit the “Application Guidelines” tab for more information. Every applicant is encouraged to contact our staff before submitting an application. We will review your proposed project or program with you to make sure it is eligible for funding and answer any questions you have.
COMPLETING & SUBMITTING GRANT APPLICATION:
- The grant application can be found under the ‘Grant Application’ tab below.
- Proof of non-profit status is required at the time of application.
- Applications are due by 3:00 p.m. on May 1, 2023 and October 2, 2023.
- All previous application forms digital or paper will no longer be accepted.
- Grants are for future projects only. No funding will be awarded for projects completed or in process, before final approval by the Board of Trustees.
- All grant applications are reviewed by a grant-screening committee and each applicant must submit a video of their proposal to be considered for grant funding.
- RCCF’s grant program is ‘receipt based’ and require proof of expenditures before funding is disbursed.
- Grant awards expire within one year of approval. If a project is delayed, a six month extension may be requested. Requests must be presented in writing 60 days prior to the original award deadline.
A video no more than 5 minutes must be submitted with the application.
Before you start the grant application, please consider the following information:
You will find it extremely helpful to have your content saved in a Word document or Google Doc that can be copied and pasted into the application.
You will need to provide:
- Provide a summary of your organization’s history, mission and goals, current programs, activities, and accomplishments.
- Organization Name: The legal name of your Non-Profit Organization should be identical to the name on your IRS Tax Determination Letter and IRS Form 990
- Organization EIN#: This is the tax ID number for the organization.
- Organization Address: Please include street and mailing address.
- Organization Phone: List the organization’s phone number.
- Organization Website: Include the full URL including https:// or http://
- Organization Executive Director/President/Chair Name
- Organization Executive Director/President/Chair Email Address
- Contact Name
- Contact Email Address
- Contact Phone
- Does your organization have a non-discrimination policy? If so, you will need to provide it in the space provided.
- List previous grant awards from the last five years or state none.
- Amount Requested: This is the amount you are requesting from RCCF.
- Total Project Expense: What is the total amount of the project?
- Project Title: What is the name of the project?
- Project Date: When will the project start?
- Geographic Area Served: What is the area your organization/project will serve?
- Explain why your agency is requesting this grant. State whether this is a new or ongoing project. Describe the needs/problems to be addressed, the target population, and how you will spend the funds if the grant is approved.
PURPOSE OF GRANT
- Project Goals: Describe the goals, how you will measure success, and timetable for implementation of your project. What makes your project different from other projects that may be involved in similar efforts? Do you have long-term strategies for funding after the end of the grant period?
- Collaborative Efforts: The screening committee encourages projects that demonstrate collaborative efforts between multiple organizations. Are there other organizations involved in this project? What are their roles and financial commitments?
- Project Budget: Indicate on the income and expenses that apply to your project.
- Income: List income source, amount, and whether it is pending or committed.
- Expenses: List vendor, amount, and description.
- Priority Items: Indicate what items are priority in the event RCCF is unable to meet your full request.
- Select your type of organization.
- IRS Determination Letter: Upload your document as a PDF, PNG, JPEG. Maximum file size is 256MB.
- IRS Form 990, Audit or Financial Statement: Upload your document as PDF, PNG, JPEG. Maximum file size is 256MB.
- Organization Board Members: Complete the fields with name and position. Click the + button on the right to add additional entries.
- Provide a five minute or less video presentation. Please upload your video file to a location/service on the internet where we can access it. Locations can be Google Drive, YouTube, etc. Make sure to give email@example.com rights to view or download the video.
- Video File Download URL: Provide the URL where the video can be viewed or downloaded. Include the full URL including https:// or http://.
Our new online grant application is now live. Click on the button below to fill out the application.
The Roscommon County Community Foundation prohibits discrimination against current or prospective trustees, officers, employees and volunteers without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy applies to hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and terminations.
The Foundation’s grant making policies reflect the belief that organizational performance is greatly enhanced when people with different backgrounds and perspectives are engaged in an organization’s activities and decision-making process. Thus, the Foundation actively seeks to promote access, equity and inclusiveness, and to discourage discrimination based on race, creed, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and other factors that deny the essential humanity of all people. This principle is a lens through which all the work of the Foundation is viewed.
The Foundation reserves the right to decline proposals from organizations the Board and staff of which do not reflect the diversity of the community in which they work.
The Request Payment Form must accompany all requests for grant payment.
Grant Distribution will only be awarded up to the amount of the grant allocation and only with applicable receipts with a copy of your method of payment.
Please mail or deliver to:
Roscommon County Community Foundation
3975 W Federal Hwy Ste 2
PO Box 824
Roscommon, MI 48653
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please call the Foundation office at (989) 275-3112.